24 January 2010

Totally worth it.

Holy myrtle, do I have a cold. The good news is I only get sick for about a day or two, so I should be just fine tomorrow. The bad news is I have to live through today to make it to tomorrow. I've been planted in my bed all day watching movies I always wanted to watch but never got around to. They have been disappointing, but it's better than cable.

I figured I was in trouble last night when I took enough cold medicine to heal a horse and I still was feeling bad. Don't get me wrong, I was feeling fine until midnight-o-thirty, so I still had a blast, but towards the end of the night I knew that I was going to have to sow exactly what I reaped by prancing around the city in the middle of January. I was a little concerned when unholy rattle in my chest was loud enough to wake me up this morning. I took a little more tussin, drank about a gallon of black coffee, and settled in for the day. My chest seems to finally be clear so now I drinking the largest bottle of yellow Gatorade manufactured so I can stay hydrated and not go into work tomorrow looking like Magda.

I did have fun last night. It was unusual to me to just have fun chatting and laughing with my friends. No curfew, no attachment, no hitting on guys. I think I may have more fun the next time I go out because then I will be able to have a few drinks without the danger of a chemical reaction to my cold medicines shutting my liver down. I thought I would feel lost, like that one time senior year when the X and I broke up for a couple months. I went out some, but always felt like a boat floating without a tether. I felt lost and vacant, laughing too loud, drinking and smoking too much, on the prowl for another guy to anchor me down. I was worried that my instinct would be flirting and meeting guys, but that wasn't the case. I felt pretty comfortable to just be me, wearing a cute top and heels, and chilling out. It is like I am my anchor now, I can trust myself to make good decisions, get myself home, look after my friends and myself. No more tether, but no more drifting at sea, either. Taking control of my own life, for once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment