19 February 2010

Thoughts while waiting for the play to start last night.

These student seats are just terrible. I had no idea the front row of orchestra seating meant I would be sitting under the stage.

I am the oldest person in this row.

I am no longer the oldest person in this row. Grandma Moses and I make up the entire adult ed population.

The two kids sitting to my left keep looking for Paul. Paul's dad has an apartment in the city that he only uses when he has to work in the city that would be perfect for a party. Paul is supposed to be bringing his girlfriend. Paul is finally spotted, in a balcony seat. I would really like to meet Paul.

The girls sitting to my right skipped dinner. They are eating a little bag of Cheez-Its like fugitives so they don't get caught eating in the theater.

The play begins....It is magnificent.

Intermission.

The kids to my left have decided not to stay. They are only here for extra credit after all, and they have already seen the required six characters.

The starving girls to my right have abandoned the Cheez-Its bag on the floor. I wonder if I should say something.

The Cheez-It girl just took out her birth control pills and took one. What a strange time to be thinking about birth control pills. Then again, the lead actor is gorgeous.

The play continues...Act two is even more magnificent than act one.

The evening ends with Q&A with the actors. The lead actor is not as hot without his Victorian ponytail. Disappointing.

On the ride home, I reflect on a few things. I love this theater company. I should never try to do this on a work night again. I will pay the extra money to stay out of the student seating.

No comments:

Post a Comment